This is a post of things I’ve been meaning to put on Tumblr, but things have come up and I haven’t. So, despite that this is a long one, hope I can make it short and sweet :)
1) Top of my list of things I want to talk about: Les Miserables. It’s a musical currently playing at the Ahmanson in LA, and if I could put it into one word: AMAZING. Just everything about it was either perfection or near it. I just…I just… I can’t. Like, during intermission I was already asking time to rewind itself so I could just experience that wonderful sensation already. UGH. So good. The tickets are expensive as all heck, but if you can, GO. You won’t regret it. I actually cried. Yeah. Freaking shed a few tears there, and almost more than once. If this means anything, I didn’t cry during Toy Story 3 (for various reasons, one of them not being because I wanted to be a man and not cry). I did tear up during that movie, but I didn’t actually cry. At Les Miserables, I cried. I just…. I CAN’T! Ahaha I’m telling you, GO!
2) Cars 2: Saw this, and just want to forewarn some people, it’s not the usual Pixar stuff. Doesn’t mean it’s not a bad movie…but since some people hold Pixar in such a high “warm and fuzzy” standard, this may be a disappointment. It’s still a good movie….but it’s admittedley not up to the standards that Pixar has created for itself. Then again, who’s to say they can’t stray from the family fun stuff, and focus more on something else. I’m a little mad at the critics for not understanding this, but ohs wells it’s not the first time.
3) Finished Code Geass and Eureka Seven …..and I’ve started Misfits, Community, and Samurai Champloo. Oh! and The Glee Project. All of these are weekly things though, so unless someone can send me some reliable links……I’ll be stuck staying behind everyone else D: PS: If you can send me reliable Game of Thrones and True Blood links, I’ll be very happy too. Yeah Yeah, True Blood, vampires, etc, I know. But all I’ve heard about it are good things, so I’m willing to try it.
4) In continuation of #3, my thoughts on Code Geass: GOOD season 1. Very gripping. I couldn’t stop watching at some points. Season 2 was whatevs. I feel like the writing and plot development fell apart, but it did have it’s good parts…..but not enough to keep me really interested. Eureka Seven: I liked this one too, but the ending felt a little rushed and there wasn’t enough fan service (You didn’t get to see the end of everyone’s stories or whatever). It was sort of like: Immense buildup to epic and philosophical conflict—>Conflict—>Solution (skip the explanation of this)—>End. I wanted to know more! Which shows how good of a show it was :P
5) Summer School is fun…ish. Apartment is epitome of loner life, but with all of the shows I’ve just mentioned, you can see I’m spending time wisely. Ahah at first I was like “UGH this is boring” but now I’m more like “Well, I can deal, but we have to do stuff/change it up at least once a week.” I’m taking a Physics and Computer Coding class, both of which are 10 weeks, so they’re going slow, but I am uber grateful for that. Cause that way the classes are easier for me, and I’m more likely to get an A. And it’s fun in my computer coding class to be able to understand stuff like this:
int main ()
printf(“\n Computer Coding Yay!”);
basically all that does is print “Computer Coding Yay!” Ahahah
6) And there are some things I’m looking forward to, like this weekend where I get to see some really old friends of mine (one of whom is coming to my school next year), going to Jr. High Camp to be a staff member, HARRY FREAKING POTTER, Grand Canyon with my family and another, and a bunch of other little stuff along the way. I think I’ll talk about it when we get there though. :)